In response to the current pandemic, Mill Valley Kitchen has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of our guests and our staff alike. Here’s everything you need to know to dine with us in confidence…
In accordance with guidelines set forth by Governor Tim Walz, as well as our own precautionary measures, you can expect to see the following when dining out with us:
- Tables are spaced over 6 feet apart both inside and outside
- Because we are operating at a maximum of 50% capacity, we can not guarantee availability to accept walk-in customers
- Diners can call 952-358-2000 or book a reservation online
- Last minute reservation inquiries are welcome. Feel free to call us at 952-358-2000 to check on our availability
- We can accept parties of 4 or fewer. Single household families (all party members living under the same roof) are acceptable for up to 6 people. No exceptions
- To ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, diners can expect the following
- Upon arrival to work, employee temperatures are taken and logged
- All staff is required to wear masks and gloves
- Disposable silverware is available upon request
- Hand sanitizing stations are staged throughout the restaurant
- To ensure the safety of our staff, we ask that guests wear masks when they are not enjoying food and beverages, particularly when inside the restaurant. This is not required but is always appreciated!
- Our to-go program continues as always
- Staff is limited, we ask that customers order online whenever possible as we may not always be able to get to the phone during peak dinner hours
- Customers picking up to-go food should park in the lot and call 952-358-2000 when they arrive. A staff member will bring your order out to your vehicle, no need to enter the restaurant for pick-up orders
- Delivery is be available online
Nestled on the corner of Excelsior and France in St. Louis Park, Mill Valley Kitchen brings the fresh, inspired tastes of Northern California to the Twin Cities. Utilizing sustainably and locally sourced meats, produce, and the finest seafoods, our menu offers variety and comfort for an active clientele that knows living a healthy lifestyle doesn’t have to mean sacrificing flavor or fun.
The focus is fresh, feel-good food. We’ve got nothing to hide - when it comes to nutrition facts, we operate with total transparency.
With our seasonally changing offerings, there’s plenty of opportunity to try something new, or you can stick with the classics - like our signature Miso Glazed Seabass. We always have a variety of options to accommodate special dietary needs like gluten-free, vegan, and other allergies and dietary restrictions.
Mill Valley Kitchen offers a fantastic variety of wine from California and across the globe. Our wine list features a variety of biodynamic, organic, and sustainable wines, keeping true to our mission to bring only the best, sustainable practices and products to our guests.
In addition to our fabulous wine program, our bar features all local tap beers and inventive signature cocktails, as well as non-alcoholic options like our Day Spa Natural Refresher, house made ginger beer, and kombucha on tap.
We are located in the Ellipse building on the northwest corner of Excelsior Blvd. and France Ave. in St. Louis Park. We offer valet service and also have parking available in the Ellipse parking lot directly behind our restaurant.
Dine-In, Take Out, & Delivery
Our Service Charge
As we navigate our business through the new normal, we have made the decision to adapt our hospitality model away from the tip culture that Americans are most familiar with. In lieu of elective tipping, guests will see an 18% service charge added to their checks. This is not a gratuity and will not be paid to servers directly. Instead, this fee is what allows our company to provide our entire staff - servers, cooks, and wait assistants alike - a living wage. Our staff is making more than minimum wage and have benefits available to them that would not have been possible to offer without this surcharge. We understand that the service charge may feel unusual to some guests, however this is what we have decided we need to do to ensure our people are taken care of. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility and we hope our guests can trust that this is the best way for us to support our team through these unprecedented times.
We thank our loyal customers for their patronage and for supporting small, local business. We eat, sleep, and breathe hospitality and we do it for you. That has not, and will not change. If you would like further details regarding changes we have implemented, feel free to email our owner, Mike Rakun, directly at email@example.com.